Hepatology is the medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of liver and bile duct diseases. The most common liver diseases are viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease and fatty liver in the context of metabolic syndrome.
Hepatology also includes the diagnosis and treatment of rarer liver diseases: Wilson’s disease, hemochromatosis, autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis.
Statistical data on Hepatology in Romania
- One in 15 Romanian patients suffers from a B or C virus infection.
- Romania ranks 1st in Europe as a total number of cases of hepatitis C.
- In Romania, a total of 10,000 people die annually from cirrhosis.
- 800,000 patients with hepatitis C and approximately 1 million with hepatitis B are registered in Romania.
- Romania ranks 4th in terms of mortality rate caused by liver diseases.
Symptoms that indicate a need for a visit to the hepatologist:
- abdominal pain;
- yellow skin coloration;
- increase in the volume of the abdomen by ascites fluid.
Full Medical Services
Our activity takes place in a pleasant and welcoming environment and we value hygiene and cleanliness. This way we can offer our patients safety, comfort and high quality complete medical services.
Each patient is important to us and we strive to respect the appointment times. However, the scheduled time might get pushed further due to cases that require investigations more thorough than initially anticipated.
Within each specialized department within the DigestMed clinic, patients are informed about their upcoming investigations and specialists promptly answer any health-related question they might have.
DigestMed is happy to introduce you to its medical team: skillful doctors with extensive experience. Their investigations lead to quick and effective treatment, tailored to each patient’s specific needs.